Monday, January 18, 2010

Two of My Favorite Things: Vintage Chandeliers & Bold Doors



I should technically being homework right now which would be consisting of working on a model but that just don't sound like as fun as making a collage of the grandest chandeliers and entrances I have yet to lay eyes on...

One thing about the Brits is that they sure do appreciate the finer things in life...wonderful, glamourous chandeliers and a chic door to their home. 2 of my all time favorite things in design. Every shop has great lighting fixtures, from a modern chandelier to the traditional, crystal styled one--they never seem to leave this essential item out of a space. Whereas back home, lighting seems to be overlooked. It doesn't even have to cost you a small fortune, IKEA has some of the greatest lighting like this one below...


This one I found when I was doing research for my studio project and therefor I am finding some excuse to incorporate it--I'm thinking in the restaurant area of my space...


I have always been quite a fan of a distinct door. These are just a couple that I have been drawn to because of their color and design. I love walking down a street and all of the building exterior may look the same, but each flat's entrance has its own personality which makes it oh so much more inviting.

Oh did I mention they love floral wallpaper here too? I found my niche...



(Click image for better resolution)

No comments:

Post a Comment