Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hermes Window Shopping


Image: courtesy of cyana.tv

I just got back from Paris on Sunday where I met my family for the weekend and now I am taking them around my "hometown" of London this week. I am so happy having them here, it has been so nice seeing them and taking them around to my favorite areas as well as doing the typical "touristy" things.

I thought I would share really quickly my highlight of Paris which was in fact a brand new exhibit, The Orient Hermes. Usually when I think of Hermes I picture the signature bag or their colourful scarves, so I was intrigued to see what this exhibit was going to be about. It had that just opened at the beautifully modern Arab Institute only just a few weeks ago. The building itself is quite beautiful and incredibly modern, when I walked through parts of it are still under construction which goes to show how new it is to Paris. It's one of the few modern buildings I have seen off of the Seine River. (Each square is the height of one floor to put the building into perspective--it's quite large)


Image: Courtesy of archinspire.com



Images: Courtesy of flickr.com

The exhibit is stunning collection of different themed Hermes window displays were full of bags, accessories, plates and even authentic saddles. Each window was a specific theme yet still carefully placed throughout the set. Each window of bags, accessories, plates that went along with the inspiring location of the collection.

The whole exhibition was not too large but such a fun and refreshing one to visit especially after seeing the Louvre and the Muse D'Orsay which is a tad overwhelming...Here are a few of the window displays courtesy of the Arab Institute.


Nautical Parisian Collection


Indian Festival Collection


Indian Terrace Collection


While I was at I just googled Hermes window exhibits just to get a taste of some their previous windows--all of which I loved! Not to mention their beautiful place settings--timeless. It's safe to say I have a crush on everything about Hermes, but for now I'm going to have to just look from a distance :)






Images: Courtesy of nitrolicious.com




Images: google.com
Image: apartmenttherapy.com


Image: Domino


If only I had designer plates to hang on my wall...what a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment